Friday, May 21, 2010

A grand experience...


Grandma Chris wanted to do something special with Sarah for her 9th birthday. She made reservations for High Tea at the Grand America hotel. We were seated in a beautifully decorated lobby complete with crystal chandeliers and a harpist. The hors d'oeuvres and specialty hot chocolates were delicious. However, it was the "tea flower" that stole the show. Upon our arrival, our waitress placed a small bundle in a tall, stemmed glass. After a few minutes, we saw the hot water do it's magic. It opened up revealing a beautiful flower. It was so fun to watch. After our "tea" we wandered around the hotel enjoying the paintings, antiques and beautiful furniture. Sarah even got to watch a bride in the courtyard. What a special and indulegent afternoon indeed...thank you Grandma Chris!

1 comment:

Grandma Chris said...

What beautiful pictures. Julie, you have the talent for getting great shots. I LOVE the one with the three of us. I want to make a large copy of it and put some of these prints in Sarah's scrapbook. I'm sorry I didn't see these sooner. Thanks for being so deligent in journaling your kids events. You will be forever glad that you did. LOve, Mom