

I love trying new things when it comes to making my house my own. I love my home but, when we bought it, it was a spec. So, we didn't really get to make any choices. Not that what we have isn't nice, I would just like to make it more my own. kwim? I've been wanting to do something with my cabinets for quite awhile now. It's just that making a mistake on cabinets could be a rather costly mistake. After asking the advice of friends (thank you!) who've done similar projects I decided to take the leap. Well, a small leap at least. I wanted to start in a small area where the consequences of a mistake wouldn't be as expensive. I decided to start in the master bathroom. The cabinets are knotty alder and had a natural finish...a little more rustic than I'd like. Ideally, I'd like dark cabinets and light tile. I stripped, scrapped, cleaned, sanded, wiped, stained, wiped, poly-ed, sanded, wiped, and poly-ed. Yes, it was a lot of work! For a very non-professional, I think they turned out as good as they could. I am really happy with results. Now, onto the tile, coutners, faucets and lights in the bathroom! ;)
3 comments:
JULIE - they're STUNNING! OMGosh - gorgeous! :) And I know about cabinets! These are amazing! I'm so proud of you diving in and taking the risk!
Julie...wow, the cabinets look great! I'd love to come visit next time I'm up in UT...hopefully soon.
I am impressed Julie! Love these!
Post a Comment